Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiltshire/Somerset Area Meet !!  (Read 372 times)
punky3007
Administrator

BTW UK Chapter Director

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 04:17:35 PM »

Hang on in there mate, I am the road captain for Devon/Cornwall and no one yet has turned up to any of the meetings... Cheesy Cheesy as we get more members there will eventually be someone near you to meet up with.

What area No. is Devon and Cornwall?

It's be good to see where you have your meets so I can google it, check how far away it is from me. Thanks

Area 1 is Cornwall/Devon

"Bomb Disposal" If i'm running try to keep up

The early bird may get the worm but its the second mouse that gets the cheese...
commando1966
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 04:58:04 PM »

Its a shame  Somerset/Wiltshire hasnt got a designated area .. 2 very large counties with Amazing posibilities for rally's and ride-outs and meet's .. I know ive Banged on about this before , but it does'nt take a blind man ( or woman )  to see that BTW members are by and large North of London , certainly the vast majority of them are, so i understand why most of the meet's /rally's are a long way away for us South/west brothers .. Maybe those in charge of organising rally's etc might try to have at last 1 date a year for the Southwest ?  Just a thought ..   Grin Cool
Jackie
Administrator

BTW REGION 10 CO-DIR; BTWUK TREASURER

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »

Its a shame  Somerset/Wiltshire hasnt got a designated area .. 2 very large counties with Amazing posibilities for rally's and ride-outs and meet's .. I know ive Banged on about this before , but it does'nt take a blind man ( or woman )  to see that BTW members are by and large North of London , certainly the vast majority of them are, so i understand why most of the meet's /rally's are a long way away for us South/west brothers .. Maybe those in charge of organising rally's etc might try to have at last 1 date a year for the Southwest ?  Just a thought ..   Grin Cool

As we have also said before - the rallies meets etc are organised by the members so if you want to organise one in your area go ahead and put the details on here.

BTW Diamond Member
commando1966
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »

If i had the contacts and the cash i would Love to organize an even, but as you can see by my posts its like getting blood from a stone just to meet up with any local BTW members .. seems like no-one really has their heart in it .. Im not sure exactly how many UK BTW members there are , but i think it's just a tight-knit few that stick together which does'nt really keep people interested , and i know for sure iam not alone on this. As ive just noticed you are struggling to sell tickets for Sheffield .   Cool
commando1966
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »

I feel a song coming on!
hehe  What song is that then Voddie ?  ..   Cool
Worf
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 08:11:25 PM »

I feel a song coming on!

my bleeding heart ?
Count
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »

I was thinking long the lines of "Me and My Shadow"   Roll Eyes

Commando ---- it's not a case of apathy, more that a) there are few of us down here, b) real life has a habit of happening of taking what little spare time we have and c) some have "conditions" which make straying too far from home not always convenient at times.........

Having said all that ... keep persevering ... it will happen at some point, when time, rescources and energy coincide for enough of us  Grin

Maybe one year we can have out own RTTS   Grin  Actually I suppose it would b TTTS  Cool
commando1966
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 08:43:39 PM »

Count ive been on a few RTTS's over the years and have seen Many Trike VW's  .. it's not a case of there being no Trikers in the Southwest, there are 100's down here - maybe they have there own Club/Association  ?!?!?  or maybe they don't wanna be a part of BTW .. who know's ..  but like i said ealier Count .. i have plenty of perseverance .. ive posted several times to meet up with Southern Brothers , but no-one seems to bothered .. never mind .. i'm off to join the Ramblers lol ..  Wink Cool
commando1966
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 08:46:17 PM »

I feel a song coming on!

my bleeding heart ?
... more like "Desperado" by the Eagles  hehe   Cool
punky3007
Administrator

BTW UK Chapter Director

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 07:09:27 AM »

Isn't Kermit in your Somerset area mate?

The early bird may get the worm but its the second mouse that gets the cheese...
Count
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 08:17:16 AM »

Yerp -- he's over in Yeovil. Commando is a bit further afield in Wilts.
punky3007
Administrator

BTW UK Chapter Director

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 09:12:25 AM »

Oh right ok, i just noticed that he kept posting Wilts/somerset so thought he didn't know about Kermit

Worf
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 10:49:01 AM »

yes.
Somerset here too, near the wilts border.
Count
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 11:09:15 AM »

Oh right ok, i just noticed that he kept posting Wilts/somerset so thought he didn't know about Kermit

Very easy to wander into Wilts if you aren't paying attention and the border guards are on their break  Grin  For me tho, it's easier to fall into Devon, close your eyes briefly when you sneeze on the road and you are suddenly in foreign lands  Grin
commando1966
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 11:18:52 AM »

Grin Ahh they are Slowly crawling out of the woodwork .. i guess my local Bro's don't check the Forum that often ..  i think Magus has done a runner lol   Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: