Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wiltshire/Somerset Area Meet !!  (Read 1228 times)
Trikelady
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I wasn't to busy...I know I'm not a roughty toughty Bloke, I just about know my front end from my back end thankfully!!! But I wasn't to busy... Smiley

Hmmmmm hang on a min!!! That's right, there was a bit of traffic, you had no credit and the footy was on    Grin Grin Grin
Report to moderator   Logged
commando1966
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I wasn't to busy...I know I'm not a roughty toughty Bloke, I just about know my front end from my back end thankfully!!! But I wasn't to busy... Smiley

Hmmmmm hang on a min!!! That's right, there was a bit of traffic, you had no credit and the footy was on    Grin Grin Grin
Um i never said you was too busy TL  ??   Just let me know when you are Usually free and we can hook up ..   Tongue Cool
Count
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Kermit iam glad to hear you are busy Bro .. iam not "berating" people mate .. ive put out "several" posts to meet up .. but it seems everyone is busy 24/7 .. maybe iam the only member unemployed .. i joined the BTW UK to meet like minded people , to meet up and make new mates, i thought that was why these associations were made up .. like ive said before Bro im not sure how many members there are, but it seems like there is just a couple dozen close knit members .. Not really what i had in mind or expected .. if i don't find work in the next couple weeks i wont be able to re-new my membership anyway .. just a shame everyone is too busy to meet up more regular .. cheers Bro   Cool

Likewise ... but, so far I have yet to have the pleasure (so to speak). Purely down to me and my circs, though. Same as you (and many others in this day and age) money is tight. Time is tighter. BUT .... there will come a time when it all comes together (and .... dartmandaz and I have a date with a pint or two Grin ).

In the meantime ...meet peeps online (one of the advantages of the forum). As I said, I haven't met anyone "in the flesh", yet ... but have begun to make inroads into the online "club". It takes time.  I am also learning (slowly) about bikes / trikes and the biking / triking world, so it's all good  Cheesy

Any community has it's "core" members and it's always a challenge to join in, but everybody was a newbie once Smiley
Join in the online banter ( you don't need to be a full BTW member to stay on the forum), that way, when you do eventually make it to a meet you will have "names" to try to put faces to, and other "names" will be looking for you too ----- ice breaker.

Dr Phil signing off ......... Roll Eyes
commando1966
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 01:51:28 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Nice one Dr Phill .. thing is i have 100's of "online" friends .. the point of joining a club/association is to turn the PC off and meet people for "real"  Time is definately not tight for me Bro .. It seems like everyone is waiting for the "other" person to make the 1st move .. Hence Nothing happens , stale mate .. at least i have Tried a few times now to get some interest in this area .. only to fall onto deaf ears ..  One of the reasons i joined BTW was because it seemed really easy going and no silly rules like MC's have .. if i had my Bike licence i could have joined 2 or 3 MC's by now .. but they have this rule that you need a bike licence which is fair enough .. ive been to Loads of Bike rallys with various MC's and was really made welcome .. i wish i could have had the same Exp at GRASSUS last July .. Maybe when i Finally get my own Trike i will start my own Club .. just a thought   Grin Cool
Hobbit
Road Captains/Contacts

Road Captain Area 12, West Midlands

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I didnt know anyone who had a trike when i joined BTW, I now have met loads of good folk whom i am pleased to call friends, I don't do many rally's a year cos i ain't working either , , works a bit hard when yer legs dont work properly, Things will improve when you get yer self into the position that you can put yourself about a bit , Car , Trike or bike , will be good to see you when and if you can make a rally ,  Cool
graham
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi all I live in dorset quite near to both somerset and wilts borders. can i ask were the next meet is? and is there anything going on in Dorset yet.

and lastly a ask to Kermit, is there a good time to pop over to yeovil and introduce my self , as i know how busy you are at the shop

Cheers all

Graham trike.gif trike.gif trike.gif
punky3007
Administrator

BTW UK Chapter Director

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2012, 07:08:41 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Graham,

as you will see from the map i have attached we are a bit thin on the ground for members in the Dorset/Wilts/Somerset area and as such don't have an active area with regular meets at moment. if you can find a couple of folk to start meeting up you are more than welcome to start an area going.
i used to be Road Captain a couple of yours ago for Devon and Cornwall and when i took that on i had NO members meeting up either but i found a nice pub cenral for everyone, advertised whee that was, attended a few local shows and put the word out and i soon had 17 members meeting up regularly each month.

It can be a bit frustrating at first mate but stick with it and we can colour in that blank bit on the map... Grin

* MAPDoc4.pdf (276.79 KB - downloaded 19 times.)

"Bomb Disposal" If i'm running try to keep up

The early bird may get the worm but its the second mouse that gets the cheese...
Kermit
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2012, 07:50:52 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi Graham
Please do introduce yourself, just give me a ring on 07894 961956  for a chat and we can fix up a time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: