Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: BTW-UK Wolfpack  (Read 325 times)
wolfieplum
« on: September 12, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

As some of you know, I have stepped down as RC of this area. This area needs a Road Captain, Treasurer, and members willing to do something.... anything! You will have a head start as Gonzo is still secretary and I will be on hand to help in any way I can.... I understand that we have a new member in this area with a trike building business.... Ideal RC material.... Get in touch if you're interested.... Could be a GREAT opportunity for you... OR anyone else with passion and a little drive to get things moving.

There are complaints that Facebook is killing the forum. I have announced that the Wolfpack Facebook page is going to be closed and removed soon. I'm not sure what people think is being put on there that is not on here but I've sorted that....

I'm also fed up with moaners that won't step up but expect their monies worth. Someone has to do this stuff and if you are not willing to "put in" then please don't expect to "get stuff out". BTW-UK is a Great organization with wonderful, helpful and supportive people. We are friendly and welcoming. We visit other areas and ride out to meet other trikers (Ace cafe and unfortunately RedWolf's funeral.... for example). We have raised money for charity (Over £300 has been sent to Brain Tumor Research) with BBQ's, Blues nights (over night accommodation included) and even a trike display in conjunction with Basingstoke and Dean Council (Only 1 trike turned up.... Mine)
 Being a part of this can be very rewarding and helps make the joy of trike ownership even better, but without Some effort, Nothing happens. Over to YOU!

Report to moderator   Logged
wolfieplum
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 02:29:36 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well... You've all seen the enthusiastic response to this post. Both here and on Facebook.... The reaction has overwhelmed me. You can all see how badly it effects those in this area by the MASSIVE outcry and offers of help.... This is how every request of help has been answered since Pops and Redwolf (Bless him) left.

I have been faced with this level of interaction and help for long enough that I have stepped down as RC and announced the closure of the BTW-UK Wolfpack Facebook page. I hope I will be able to enjoy welcome at another area as this one has ceased. I'm really trying not to sound like a moaner as I think we've all had enough of that to last us for years to come. May I suggest that the ethos of doing as little or as much as individuals feel they wish to do is greatly flawed and in some cases can make people feel insulated and alone instead of part of this wonderful family. Not sure what the answer is but I am 100% behind and with BTW-UK and I WILL renew my membership when it comes time as I feel that BTW still has a lot to offer me and I hope to be in a position to offer more back in the future.

Wolfie.
Hobbit
Road Captains/Contacts

Road Captain Area 12, West Midlands

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 03:33:47 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Always welcome here at 12 Wolfie mate , Hope things pick up for ya bro  trike.gif
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:05:07 PM by Hobbit » Report to moderator   Logged
punky3007
Administrator

BTW UK Chapter Director

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Sorry to hear no one was forthcoming to help mate. I do understand and sympathies with your feelings mate, when i  tried to get area1 up and running again years ago i spent month after month having meetings with myself until someone came along who wanted to get involved and i know Bob was in the same boat too in area12 for a LONG time.
I will reluctantly update the info packs mate to reflect the area is no longer active, if ANYTHING changes though mate and someone steps upto the plate just let me know.

"Bomb Disposal" If i'm running try to keep up

The early bird may get the worm but its the second mouse that gets the cheese...
mamabike
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 05:09:34 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I know I am new and I don't know you Wolfie, I just want to say I am sorry too. A very difficult and frustrating situation. X
MIXA
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 10:47:30 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It must be realy frustrating when you are so passionate about some thing to have to let it go , there are loads of trikes out there, but there owners either dont want to belong to a group at all ,or are not interested in BTW ,I wonder why ? we realy need to stop the infighting on open pages , there are a load of trikes in and around Burton , but  as of yet non have been interested ,still trying though

Greybeard
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 07:24:47 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

It must be realy frustrating when you are so passionate about some thing to have to let it go , there are loads of trikes out there, but there owners either dont want to belong to a group at all ,or are not interested in BTW ,I wonder why ? we realy need to stop the infighting on open pages , there are a load of trikes in and around Burton , but  as of yet non have been interested ,still trying though

Tried for the first three years as a member to interest trikers in my part of the world re BTW-UK, the HA and The Brotherhood Of The Wheel have an over riding infulence down here. Gave it up as a lost cause, and my pension does not allow for long trips.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: