Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DFW Meeting March 9th 2014  (Read 853 times)
HIGH TOWER
Global Moderator

« on: April 10, 2014, 04:39:22 PM »

BTW Meeting March 9, 2014 plus our Chili Cook Off

The meeting started with an opening prayer from our Chaplin, Grunt. There were 27 Members present and ready to eat chili.

We decided to hold our annual Muenster run on our next meeting date, April 13th, following a short meeting. We will meet at the American Legion hall at 9:00am and leave for Muenster at 10:00am. That is, if Mother Nature is cooperative.

Bob Whatley with the Blue Knights addressed the club about a run they are sponsoring on April 5th and invited all of us to come out and help support the Blue Knights. The run will start at DFW Honda at 2350 William D Tate Ave, Grapevine, TX 76051 and finish at Bob Eden Park at 1099 East Mid Cities Blvd, Euless, TX 76039. Registration fee is $15.00 per rider and $10.00 per passenger (2, 3, or 4 wheel vehicles) and begins with registration @ 8:30am, First Bike out @ 9:00am, Last Bike out @10:00am, with the Last Bike in @ 1:00pm.

We also discussed the Memorial Day gathering and with a few options, brought up the possibility of our group joining the "Route 49 Rally", which is an annual benefit for the Children’s Medical Center, held in Jefferson TX. This run is actually held the weekend after Memorial Day, on June 6th, 7th, and 8th. I would like everyone to take a look at the website at http://www.route49rally.com/and see what you think. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to give me a call. The campgrounds have RV hook ups, tent camping, nature trails, restrooms & showers, & is pet friendly. It looks like there is enough room for us to do “our thing” and still join in with the scheduled activities if anyone wants to. We would still keep our Labor Day run. This will be discussed more at the short meeting in April.

I brought up some changes on how we ride that should help make our rides safer for everybody involved and we will go over these changes prior to leaving for Muenster.It was agreed that BTW will donate $100.00 to the American Legion hall to help them out with building repairs and maintenance.

The Door Prize went to: Jerry "Tramp" Griffith & the 50/50 went to Ron who donated it to the American Legion.

The Chili Cook Off winners were:

1st Place: Hope Pickett

2nd Place: Cindy Lou

3rd Place: Marsha Srader

I thank everyone who was able to attend & look forward to seeing you in April. Until then, ride safe.

Troop.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:54:33 PM by Jackie » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: