Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 403 times)
Snipes
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:01:32 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi fellow Trikers

I have just joined and will be active in Area 1 and have introduced myself to Punky and a few other guys in Plymouth.
I am currently building a VW 1200 based trike for a veterans, Stephen "Frankie" Vaughan  who used to ride bikes but since leaving Commando Forces due to being in a land mine blast he is mostly confined to a wheel chair and talks through the use of a key pad voice machine. He asked to join our 29 Commando group.

I am a member of the 29 Commando Veterans Motorcycle Riders Group which was formed to get Vets reunited and out on the rode going to show's, events, rallies and touring around the UK and Europe.

So we have decided to purchase a trike project and make it fit for purpose so the group can take Frankie out and about with us and visit the RTTW Arboretum each year!

If any one out there want's to be part of this project "Green Machine" build, or want to donate parts that you may have but don't want then please feel free to contact me.  If you look up Stephen Vaughan on Face Book you will see a video of Frankie and the Gurkha medic who helped save his life meet for the first time since the incident in Afghanistan.

Please feel free to sound me out and ask questions or give your advise and support! 07837585188

Cheers to all

Snipes trike.gif
Report to moderator   Logged
punky3007
Administrator

BTW UK Chapter Director

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:44:35 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Welcome mate. i did look out for you at the BMAD yesterday but didn't see you.

"Bomb Disposal" If i'm running try to keep up

The early bird may get the worm but its the second mouse that gets the cheese...
Snipes
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:27:55 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Hi mate

Unfortunately I was bogged down with work Friday and Saturday sandblasting a super yacht belonging to the owner of Princess yachts. I will join the BTW and start to get out on some events, ride-outs etc once the trike has been rebuilt.

Cheers

Snipes
Thunderace
BTW UK

Lemon Subaru

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 04:57:17 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I am currently building a VW 1200 based trike for a veterans, Stephen "Frankie" Vaughan 

Certainly a laudable aim,
alas I am a little too far away to offer any 'hands on' assistance,
I can give you two little pieces of advice,
first is to de-adjust the torsion bars if you are using the stock springing before you start,
aim to get the shafts running close to level,
and temporarily replace the shocks with lock-up bars to keep the thing at the required height.
And secondly when you rebuild the rear hubs,
replacing the slave cylinders with front ones improves the braking by more than a disc conversion,
and since the front slaves cost less than the stock rears,
it's actually cheaper to do than not.

Anyway good luck with getting the job done,
if you need any remote technical assistance by all means PM me.
 trike.gif trike.gif
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: